This is un update on this story:
Indian police are looking into “every possible hostile group” in their search for the culprits behind the triple bombing in the heart of Mumbai that killed 17 people and wounded 131 others, the country’s top security official said Thursday.
The attacks, which authorities said came without warning, were the worst terror strike in the country since the siege of Mumbai that killed 166 people 31 months ago, and government officials were struggling to reassure Indians over their safety.
…No one has claimed responsibility for Wednesday’s bombings, which shook three separate neighborhoods within minutes of each other during the busy evening rush hour. The attack came just months after peace talks resumed between India and Pakistan. Indian officials have so far refused to speculate who might be behind the blasts.
“We are not pointing a finger at this stage,” Chidambaram said. “We have to look at every possible hostile group and find out whether they are behind the blast.”
via India Says No Leads in Mumbai Bomb Attacks – FoxNews.com.
- 3 Mumbai bombings kill 21 in country’s worst terror attack since 2008 (nj.com)
- Deadly serial blasts hit Mumbai – Aljazeera.net (news.google.com)
- Multiple blasts hit Mumbai (cbc.ca)
- 3 Mumbai bombings minutes apart kill 21, wound 141 (sfgate.com)
- 13 killed in Mumbai bombings (longwarjournal.org)
- New details reveal terrorists hid Mumbai bombs in taxi, umbrella (thestar.com)
- Officials Blame ‘Terrorists’ for Deadly Mumbai Blasts (waronterrornews.typepad.com)