The confusion of the Norwegians to the “drama in paradise” would be lower if they understood that the turnout is not an insurance against barbarism but may become one of its manifestations and that even the most conformist system of “socialization” can sublimate all instincts of violence. Set aside the sense of transcendence, there are few avenues of discontent. One is the contemplative path, pursued by Thomas Mann and focused on complacency and languid aesthetic identity for the decline. Another is the way of action fanatic, theorized by Georges Sorel and centered on the affirmation of the regenerative power of violence. In fact, those who seek to use the victims of Oslo as “martyrs” of multiculturalism, should note that Sorel comfortable drive with the Marxist discourse, anarchist and fascist: the fanaticism of violence, the ideology is merely circumstantial. That is why strengthening the system pressure by “educational socialization” announced by the Norwegian Prime Minister and supported by good conscience is a call for repetition of similar events. A cynic would say that this is its real purpose: criminals as Mr. Breivik serve to the useful purpose of dissipating the entropy accumulated by the “closed-system” of conformity and turn it into horror at the consequences of fanatical violence. Both ideas provide the ideal excuse for the continued advancement of the “vision” policy.
From Portuguese blog O Cachimbo de Magritte.
- Norway: Oslo mass-killer admires Obama (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Oslo terrorist copied (almost word for word) “Unabomber” manifesto (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Norway: the “Christian terrorist” nonsense(teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Norway: understanding “Christian fundamentalism” in Utoya murders(teaandpolitics.wordpress.com).
- Norway: Andreas Behring says there are “another two cells”(teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Israel: Norwegian Ambassador justifies “Palestinian” terrorism (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)