A powerful Muslim extremist group in Somalia banned samosas in the country because their three sides may remind people of the Christian Holy Trinity.
Members of Al-Shabaab recently boarded trucks with loudspeakers and announced that the popular pastries are banned in the country, UPI reported.
The group did not fully explain its decision to ban the snack that is often filled with minced meats and vegetables, but witnesses told a local paper that their ubiquitous three-cornered shape may invoke thoughts on the Holy Trinity, according to the report.
The Islamic militant group, which controls wide swaths of the country, bans music and watching sports on TV.
Meanwhile, I read this question in the internet:
Somalia is an overwhelming Islamic country with more of its 98% inhabitants being Muslims. Rich Muslim brothers, owners of oil, which just built the Great Mosque of Dubai at a cost of approximately $ 600 million and where only the carpet in the main hall has a value of approximately $ 6.5 million, those who bathe in tubs of gold, and squander their money all over the world, can not help their poorer brethren?
Is anybody reporting about that permanent civil war between Islamic factions? Is anybody reporting that the same radical Islamic groups deny the famine and also prevent the delivery of humanitarian aid to the population?
I will answer this: No, they are just waiting for Christian countries to provide for their “poor Muslim brothers”, who are Black. And so inferior. The same that happened with Black Muslims in Sudan. You can read Human Trafficking and Modern-day Slavery: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. No one is speaking about this. Because they own oil. Yes, that same oil that the rest use for everything in their/our lifes.
Meanwhile, they continue pushing for what they are really interested in: the UN anti-blasphemy (really anti-criticism of Islam) resolution, although Pakistani Christian Minister Shabaz Bhatti’s assasination has made them more cautious.
- Somali Extremist Group Bans Samosas in Country (foxnews.com)
- Emergency! This Samosa is Too Christian (confessionsofayec.wordpress.com)
- Pope prays for hostages in Sinai desert (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Sinai: two Orthodox deacons killed by Bedouin human traffickers (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Horn of Africa: 400,000 crammed into refugee camp fleeing worst regional drought in decades (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Horn of Africa: UNHCR calls for aid to Somalia in worst food crisis (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)