Anders Behring Breivik told a Norwegian judge on Monday his bombing and shooting rampage that killed scores aimed to save Europe from a Muslim takeover, and said that “two more cells” existed in his organization.
Breivik’s remarks at the closed-door custody hearing were relayed by the judge, Kim Heger, at a news conference.
The killer has previously said he acted alone and police had earlier said they were trying to confirm this.
But after Breivik’s claim about other cells, police attorney Christian Hatlo said “we cannot completely rule out” the possibility that others were involved in Friday’s attacks.
Police revised the death toll downwards to 76 from 93, saying eight people were now known to have died in the bomb blast in central Oslo, and 68 on the island of Utoeya.
It was not clear whether Breivik is in fact part of an organization, although he has written about a revival of the Knights Templar, a medieval order of crusading monks.
Of course, if this guy is a Templar Knight, I am Bin Laden, posting from the grave….
- Norway: Oslo mass-killer admires Obama (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Oslo terrorist copied (almost word for word) “Unabomber” manifesto (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Norway: the “Christian terrorist” nonsense(teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Norway: understanding “Christian fundamentalist” in Utoya murders (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com).