Two Islamic organizations based in Lerida have asked the City Council to enact local rules to prohibit the presence of dogs in both city buses and in some areas frequented mostly by Muslims, as dogs are considered “unclean” in Islam.
Those associations are the same that made claims against the city ordinance that banned the burqa. Lleida believe that the Consistory should regulate the presence of dogs in public places and in certain municipal facilities “not to offend Muslims”.
They go even further, even considering that the presence among them of “the unclean” violates religious freedom and the right of Islamic believers to live by the Koran.
A source in the Muslim community Lleida announced an upcoming meeting of members of this group with representatives from the Municipal Corporation and highlighted the fact that a claim such as that proposed has been accepted in some European cities like London, where the presence of dogs is prohibited in public buses. Asked whether the exception to allow dogs-guides, was emphatic: “A dog is always a dog.”
The origin of the rejection of the dogs in the Islamic world is in the hadiths (sayings of Muhammad made or collected by others that are considered reliable sources). In this regard there are two hadiths. In the first, Gabriel promised the Prophet, that he would go to visit him, but he didn’t, and later told that angels do not enter a house that has a picture or a dog. In the second, one Abdullah said that “Allah has ordered to kill all dogs.”
Will the Lérida municipal representatives be able to accept, for a handful of votes, something that no morally sound society would admit? The bottom line is that we are bottoming out. And the caste politics and multiculturalist apologists have dragged us to that bottom.
Should I add that Lérida’s Major is a Socialist?
- Spain: Tax irregularities in Lérida’s mosque? (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Spain: Salafist imam wants to spread his Islamist police to other cities (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Spain: pro-independence Catalonian entity wants to show “the bonds that historically have existed between Islam and Catalonia” (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Spain: burqa ban hasn’t caused radicalisation (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Spain: counter-terrorism report alerts about possible suicide attacks (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)