The Catalan capital has become a major center of operations of the intelligence services of all countries who are suffering and generate Jihadist terrorism and have diplomatic representation in Spain. The operation goes beyond Barcelona and extends to areas with high density of Muslim population.
The reason why Barcelona has become a nest of spies has its origin in the consideration of Catalonia as a source of primary importance to jihadists based in Europe.
… Among the reasons for considering Catalonia as a “the most dangerous nest of radical Islamists in the Mediterranean, the U.S. Secret Service pointed to the high percentage of legal and illegal immigration from North Africa-Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria- as well as Pakistan and Bangladesh, which in their view is a “magnet for recruiting terrorists. ” The concern has even led authorities meetings of experts and members of various intelligence services accredited in Spain, like the one held in Madrid a few weeks ago. A meeting just to talk of Catalonia as “new epicenter of jihadism. “
- Catalonia: the meaning of the Pakistani terrorists’ detentions (for translation to English, scroll down).
- Spain: No1. place in recruitment of Islamist terrorists in Europe. Most of the Islamist terrorist choose the Muslim communities in Catalonia to create sleeping cells. 80% of the police operations have taken place in Catalonia and 31% of the 130 Islamists who are now in prison were arrested in Catalonia.
- Spain: alleged Al-Qaeda financier belongs to Socialist Party’s Executive Board.
- Spain: Salafist criminal “procedure” condemns a woman to death on adultery charges.
- Spain: Islamic Moral Police in action.
- Spain: Italian Prosecutors’ report showed AQIM recruitment.
- Spain: Salafist Imam Charged for Coercing a Woman to Wear Hijab.
- Spain: Seven accused of setting up a Sharia court, freed.
- Spain: the dangers of locating mosques in industrial areas.
- Spain: pro-independency Catalonian entity wants to show the “bonds that historically have existed between Islam and Catalonia”.
- Spain: police arrest 7 linked to al-Qaida.
- Wikileaks: US is worried about Catalonia being “the main center of Mediterranean jihadism”.