For the people of Gojra’s Christian Colony, in rural Punjab, the mosque megaphones presented a more worrying proposition. “These are infidels, killing them is permitted,” screamed one local imam from his mosques as, two weeks ago, a Muslim mob stormed the colony on hearing a rumour, later found to be false, that a Christian had desecrated a copy of the Qur’an. About a hundred homes were burned to the grown along with nine people, most of whom were burned alive in their dwellings.
… It would be unfair, however, to only blame religious groups for the spreading intolerance. “Sectarian conflict in Pakistan is the direct consequence of state policies of Islamisation and marginalisation of secular democratic forces,” concludes an International Crisis Group report.
- Activist who protested anti-Christian violence, arrested.
- Pakistan: leader of terrorist organization responsible of anti-Christian violence, killed.
- 78% support Death Penalty for Leaving Islam.
- Pakistani Christians protest violence.
- Islamists ask for Christians to be hanged on false blasphemy charges.
- “Attacks on Christians were premeditated”, says Archbishop Saldanha.
- The Islamists are the culprits!
- An investigation will be opened on Muslim riots.
- Christian killed in Muslim riots.