Egypt’s largest opposition movement, the Muslim Brotherhood announced on Saturday its new leader, a member of the group’s conservative faction, as the organization faces both internal differences and an intense government crackdown.
Mohammed Badie, a 66-year-old academic, is the group’s eighth supreme leader since its foundation in 1928. He was chosen by the movement’s 30-member international council.
Badie succeeds Mohammed Mahdi Akef, who became the group’s first ever leader to step down.
”Show the world the true Islam, the Islam of moderation and forgiveness that respects pluralism in the whole world,” he told members after the announcement. He did not speak to journalists.
The 80-year-old Brotherhood is the largest and best organized opposition movement in Egypt, holding a fifth of parliament’s seats, and inspiring the formation of similar groups around the region, including the Palestinian Hamas.
via Egypt’s Brotherhood Group Selects New Leader – NYTimes.com.
Taqqiya is great, isn’t it? Because this organization is actually one of the most imperialist among Islamist organizations in existence, as a document, called The Project, written in 1982, proves:
The following tactics and techniques are among the many recommendations made in The Project:
- Networking and coordinating actions between likeminded Islamist organizations;
- Avoiding open alliances with known terrorist organizations and individuals to maintain the appearance of “moderation”;
- Infiltrating and taking over existing Muslim organizations to realign them towards the Muslim Brotherhood’s collective goals;
- Using deception to mask the intended goals of Islamist actions, as long as it doesn’t conflict with shari’a law;
- Avoiding social conflicts with Westerners locally, nationally or globally, that might damage the long-term ability to expand the Islamist powerbase in the West or provoke a lash back against Muslims;
- Establishing financial networks to fund the work of conversion of the West, including the support of full-time administrators and workers;
- Conducting surveillance, obtaining data, and establishing collection and data storage capabilities;
- Putting into place a watchdog system for monitoring Western media to warn Muslims of “international plots fomented against them”;
- Cultivating an Islamist intellectual community, including the establishment of think-tanks and advocacy groups, and publishing “academic” studies, to legitimize Islamist positions and to chronicle the history of Islamist movements;
- Developing a comprehensive 100-year plan to advance Islamist ideology throughout the world;
- Balancing international objectives with local flexibility;
- Building extensive social networks of schools, hospitals and charitable organizations dedicated to Islamist ideals so that contact with the movement for Muslims in the West is constant;
- Involving ideologically committed Muslims in democratically-elected institutions on all levels in the West, including government, NGOs, private organizations and labor unions;
- Instrumentally using existing Western institutions until they can be converted and put into service of Islam;
- Drafting Islamic constitutions, laws and policies for eventual implementation;
- Avoiding conflict within the Islamist movements on all levels, including the development of processes for conflict resolution;
- Instituting alliances with Western “progressive” organizations that share similar goals;
- Creating autonomous “security forces” to protect Muslims in the West;
- Inflaming violence and keeping Muslims living in the West “in a jihad frame of mind”;
- Supporting jihad movements across the Muslim world through preaching, propaganda, personnel, funding, and technical and operational support;
- Making the Palestinian cause a global wedge issue for Muslims;
- Adopting the total liberation of Palestine from Israel and the creation of an Islamic state as a keystone in the plan for global Islamic domination;
- Instigating a constant campaign to incite hatred by Muslims against Jews and rejecting any discussions of conciliation or coexistence with them;
- Actively creating jihad terror cells within Palestine;
- Linking the terrorist activities in Palestine with the global terror movement;
- Collecting sufficient funds to indefinitely perpetuate and support jihad around the world;
One of its leading thinkers is Sayyid Qutb who said:
jihad is not a territorial war that can be solved by diplomatic compromise.
So, this means that no compromise can be reached to end Jihad.
They have also denied the rights to Copts and women to be elected as Egypt’s president.